Working With Telelink
Are you a process-driven thinker looking for the next challenge in your career? Telelink is seeking an enthusiastic e-Learning Instructional Designer to work within its operations department. Telelink has been in business for over 55 years but comes with a lot of start-up energy. We lean on our years of experience, but never so much that we forget to keep driving forward. In this role, you'll be part of a team that works hard, celebrates innovative ideas, and is fanatical about supporting one another.
As an organization, we’re entering a phase of growth and scaling – we're looking for a talented e-Learning Instructional Designer leader to help us achieve our growth goals and grow with us, too. We have four core values, and we hold them dearly. The ideal candidate resonates strongly with these core values and identifies with the sentiment they carry.
What the job is really like
The e-Learning Instructional Designer is responsible for the creation and implementation of a sustainable professional development and employee journey program that will nourish talent at all levels at Telelink to allow us to scale our team. You will research and recommend the selection of tools that will be used to grow our learning management system (LMS). You will assist in the creation and branding of templates for internal professional development, and you will assist in standardizing this process across all sites.
The e-Learning Instructional Designer is responsible for:
- Developing, implementing, and monitoring internal training programs within the organization by working with the operations team to identify training required for our internal trainer, and working with different departments to build a framework to support their curriculum for new team members.
- Developing technical training required for team members to use the LMS.
- Developing processes for each step in the employee development journey.
- Conducting LMS orientation sessions.
- Developing multimedia visual aids and training materials.
- Evaluating the needs of the company and plan training programs accordingly.
- Conducting program evaluation.
- Research and recommend standardized leadership professional development education.
- Providing logistical support, course development, process measurements, and cost management.
- Assisting with the development of operational strategic plans.
- Performing other duties as required.
The job is typically measured by:
- Milestones reached in the project
- Team satisfaction with the training program
- Adoption of the training program
Knowledge and Experience Requirements:
- This is a paid internship position and candidates must have graduated from a recognized degree program within the last three years.
- Any additional work experience that can be demonstrated to be applicable to the duties listed on the job description.
- Strong verbal, written, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience using Microsoft Office suite of applications.
- Any past training or process development experience is considered an asset.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort
- Work can be performed at home or in an office/call centre environment. You may have to work outside of regular hours to complete projects or meet deadlines.
- The call centre is a 24x7x365 operation and you will be required to occasionally provide emergency support after business hours.
- Travel will be required when it is safe to do so.