Working With Telelink
Do you have a nose for hunting the biggest whales in the market? Telelink is seeking an enthusiastic Business Development Representative to work within its Sales & Marketing department. Telelink has been in business for over 55 years but comes with a lot of start-up energy. We lean on our years of experience, but never so much that we forget to keep driving forward. In this role, you'll be part of a team that works hard, celebrates innovative ideas, and is fanatical about supporting one another.
As an organization, we’re entering a phase of growth and scaling – we're looking for a talented Prospector to help us dive into key industries and create valuable contacts and relationships with our biggest targets. We have five core values, and we hold them dearly. The ideal candidate resonates strongly with these core values and identifies with the sentiment they carry.
- Continuous Improvement & Innovation: We turn insights into actions. We challenge ourselves. We commit to lifelong learning.
- Precision: We pursue excellence. We are fanatically meticulous. We deliver value to all stakeholders.
- Responsiveness: We are open. We are Eager. We Adjust quickly.
- Caring & Kind: We are compassionate. We care for the lives we impact. We care for each other and the world we live in.
- Resilience: We adjust quickly. We turn obstacles into opportunities. We bounce back.
What the job is really like
In this role, you’ll be responsible for opening conversations with target customers. You’ll use prospecting strategies to identify prospects and initiate the first outreach with the potential customer. Some prospecting strategies include attending conferences, generating attendees for webinars, building lists of prospects among others. Using these methods, you’ll book meetings and fill pipelines for the sales team.
One of the most important tools in your toolbelt will be LinkedIn Sales Navigator. You’ll also use Salesforce to manage campaigns, track goals and report on progress. You’ll learn how to use Pardot marketing automation software too!
The Business Development Representative is responsible for:
- Attending trade shows.
- Assisting with pre and post conference marketing material
- Forging relationships and connections in our target industries
- Creating and contacting lists of contacts within Telelink’s key industries
- Managing campaigns using Salesforce and Pardot.
- Nurturing the top of the Telelink sales funnel
- Learning about Lone Worker Safety and the technology it encapsulates.
- Meeting monthly targets and KPIs based on activities (emails, LinkedIn Inmails, calls, and leads generated)
- Developing lists of target companies and prospects based on defined criteria.
- Contacting prospects based on provided cadences and templates.
- Documenting all activities and conversations in Salesforce CRM.
The job is typically measured by:
- Prospects created
- Conversion rate of MQL to SQL
- Prospecting activities recorded: Calls, emails, LinkedIn Inmails, etc.
Knowledge and Experience Requirements:
- An aptitude to learn is required
- Experience in a business development position is considered an asset.
- Experience using Salesforce is considered an asset.
- Experience working trade shows, conferences, and exhibitions is an asset.
- Experience using LinkedIn Sales Navigator is considered an asset.
- Strong verbal, written, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience using Microsoft Office Suite of applications.
- University degree (Business preferred) or equivalent work experience.
- Experience working in a safety-related role is an advantage.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort
- Work can be performed at home or in an office/call centre environment. You may have to work outside of regular hours to complete projects or meet deadlines.
- The call centre is a 24x7x365 operation and you will be required to occasionally provide emergency support after business hours.
- Travel will be required when it is safe to do so.